Best Must-Have Apps for Android Auto and Apple CarPlay
If you drive a new Nissan, it may come equipped with Android Auto and Apple CarPplay. These two infotainment platforms make it easier than ever to use your favorite smartphone apps through your car’s center infotainment display and to stay connected on the go. To help you get started, however, you’ll want to know what apps to download on your phone to use with the platforms.
Thankfully, you shouldn’t have much trouble finding apps that you can use with either Android Auto and Apple CarPlay. But, if you’re looking for some good ones, we have some recommendations. So, without further ado, here are our picks for some of the best must-have apps for Android Auto and Apple CarPlay, all of which can simply be downloaded to your smartphone.
Apps You Need to Download Now for Android Auto or Apple CarPlay
- Waze: This app reimagines the usual navigation app and turns it into a sort of social network, allowing you to stay connected with other drivers by alerting them to road hazards, road conditions, etc. In addition to turn-by-turn directions, with Waze you will be able to see alerts and messages posted by other drivers so that you can be prepared for what is up ahead.
- Spotify: You’ve no doubt heard of this app before, as it is one of the best ways to listen to music whether on the go or on your computer at home. But, if you haven’t used it with Apple CarPlay and Android Auto, you really ought to.
- Audible: Even music can get a little old after a while, so for those longer trips where you need something else to stay entertained, consider some audiobooks from Audible.
- MLB At Bat: You may not have thought about checking up on the latest baseball scores through your car, but with this app, you can. You just need to be subscribed to MLB At Bat and you’re able to listen to games for your favorite teams in the car.
- CBS Radio News: If you’re more into news than you are into music or anything else, then this is a great app to keep you informed no matter how long you’re driving. Better yet, as of now, the app is free with no registration.
We’ve really only scratched the surface of some of the best apps you can download for use with Android Auto and Apple CarPlay. The truth is, there are many more, so leave your own recommendations in the comments below. Don’t forget to return to our blog for more of your favorite automotive topics.